> home > unique solution
A unique solution for healthcare, insurance and the life sciences
The critical flaw in our health care system … is that it was never designed for the kind of patients who incur the highest costs.
Medicine’s primary mechanism of service is the doctor visit and the emergency room visit. It’s like arriving at a major construction project with nothing but a screwdriver and a crane.
— Atul Gawande,"Can we lower medical costs by giving the neediest patients better care?", The New Yorker (January 24, 2011)
Perseid Software's mission is to design and develop software products and tools that define, integrate, measure and manage all clinical, administrative and financial risk for a person and their family from all sources at all times and places..
Perseid Software's product — the Health Sciences Universe™ — is both an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software solution for managing healthcare and an engineering "platform" for developing products in healthcare, disability, and insurance — it gives an enterprise or government a full range of tools and solutions — from the screwdriver to the crane, if you will, and much in between — to define, measure and manage clinical, financial and administrativve risk.
The product combines an Internet cloud computing and integrated database architecture with an unrivalled combination of solutions for building centers of excellence and delvierying real-time solutions in healthcare, insurance, disability, life sciences, research and clinical medicine.
From McKinsey's new research on Internet Web 2.0 technologies (which forms the foundation of the Health Sciences Universe):
New McKinsey research shows that a payday could be arriving faster than expected. A new class of company is emerging—one that uses collaborative Web 2.0 technologies intensively to connect the internal efforts of employees and to extend the organization’s reach to customers, partners, and suppliers. We call this new kind of company the networked enterprise. Results from our analysis of proprietary survey data show that the Web 2.0 use is significantly improving their reported performance. In fact, our data show that fully networked enterprises are not only more likely to be market leaders or to be gaining market share but also use management practices that lead to margins higher than those of companies using the Web in more limited ways.
— McKinsey & Co., The rise of the networked enterprise: Web 2.0 finds its payday, McKinsey Quarterly, December 2010
The Health Sciences Universe product can combine a wide range of personal, insurance, clinical, disability, occupational health, care and case management and research information for a person and their family, a facility, healthcare or insurance program or research study. The goal is to create a single source of integrated information for families, care, disease and case management, research and enterprise software development:
The ERP client or its systems integrator uses the integrated clinical care and insurance management applications directly to build a wide variety of solutions or customizes the core product libraries, databases and applications to design and build unique solutions for internal use or commercial sale.
- is designed for cloud computing and global operation
- supports real-time transaction processing in homes and clinics
- has highest levels of security, audit, access and control
- is entirely written in Oracle
- can operate as a Software as a Service cloud system
- includes CRM for customers and billing
- supports an integrated set of Oracle databases
- is written for and supports the Internet and mobile health
- has a common security, access and control system
- can scale to the full extent of Oracle 64-bit servers and high-volume transaction processing
- includes secure email and workspaces for social networking
- is portable to all computers and operating systems
- and has no code to maintain and download into workstations
- is provided with full source code and a standard vocabulary
- merges all major international clinical vocabularies
Contact us at your convenience for a demonstration anywhere in the world using our secure, fully Internet-enabled enterprise resource planning software suite.
- enables clinical trial and post-market surveillance
- integrates product development and follow-up
- create your own product vocabulary combined with adverse event codes from MedDRA
- supports product development with adaptive trials
- integrate the patient and family with your unique community care services
- create enrolled and non-enrolled healthcare and disability programs
- build accountable care organizations with a common clinical foundation
- integrate insurance and clinical information on members
- build wellness and disease management products for clients
- provide clinical rule processing for encounters and claims processing
- build a community of members using the internet services and integrated databases
- create wellness and disease management programs
- design and operate internal clinics using the clinical applications and integrated care management solutions
- build occupational health and safety programs
- build global solutions for care management and safety
- rapidly develop complex healthcare, disability, clinical and internet applications from a single set of core applications and databases
- single operating system platform for applications development in Oracle
- fully integrated code libraries and applications with a common set of databases all sharing full integration
- build integrated Medicare & Medicaid programs for prevention of hospital admissions
- a uniform architecture for supporting home healthcare and mobile healthcare
- prevent drug interactions and failed compliance using the internal rules engines and enterprise clinical language™ (ECL)